How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Ian Murray MPs office, will collect and use your personal data.
Why does Ian Murray MPs office need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for the purposes of processing casework and keeping you informed of Ian’s work in Parliament. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes or campaigning Ian Murray MP would contact you for additional consent.
Will Ian Murray MP share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers in the course of dealing with you, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts, regulators, and so on. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with their procedures. If we wish to pass your special categories of personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Ian Murray MP use the personal data it collects about me?
Ian Murray MP will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Ian Murray MP is required to retain information in accordance with the law. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual needs.
Under what circumstances will Ian Murray contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that Ian Murray MP holds about me?
At your request, Ian Murray MP can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Ian Murray MP does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Our identity and the contact details.
- Contact details of the data protection officer.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Ian Murray or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
We accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months).
Contact details of the GDPR Owner (Ian Murray MP):
|Contact Name:||Ian Murray MP|
|Address line 1:||31 Minto Street|
|Address line 2:||Edinburgh|
|Address line 3:||EH9 2BT|
|Address line 4:|
|Address line 5:|
|Telephone:||0131 662 4520|