I’m hiring for a Constituency Support Officer.
All details on how to apply are here.
Ian Murray MP is looking for a full-time constituency support officer to work in his constituency office in Edinburgh. The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Good knowledge of key social policy issues -; welfare, immigration, housing and tax
- Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard, with a clear and concise written style
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of dealing effectively with the public
- Good organisational skills, with ability work to independently and maintain own workload as part of a small team
- Experience of working in a similar role previously would be advantageous
- Experience of handling casework or sensitive correspondence would be advantageous
•The job description includes, but is not limited to:
Casework and correspondence
- Correspond with constituents on casework and policy casework matters.
- Provide information, advice and support for individuals on a range of issues including immigration, housing and benefits.
- Liaise with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve problems.
- Communicate with constituents clearly and sensitively in person and over the telephone.
- Assist with responding to constituents’ email and letter correspondence.
- Support MP advice sessions in the office and across the constituency.
Research and projects
- Occasionally undertake research on straightforward subjects, particularly in relation to assisting with constituent responses.
- Lead on constituency-related projects work as and when required.
General Administrative Duties
- Assist in day to day running of the constituency office and assist with the work of other team members as required.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of local issues and how they may affect residents.
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a timely and confidential manner, adhering to the Data Protection Act.
- Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office packages, email and internet to support the above.
- Any other tasks as required by the Office Manager.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week. While membership of the Labour Party is not a requirement, candidates should sympathise with the aims and values of the Labour Party.
This is a permanent, full-time position subject to a probationary period.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Interviews will take place in Edinburgh shortly after the closing date.
How to apply:
Please apply by emailing a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.